Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reuben Omelet

Ok, you talked me in to it!  The Reuben Omelet Blog:

Wanted to use up some corned beef that was heading towards the big meat locker in the sky, so I came up with this quickie:

Start out an omelet like normal.  Dice up some corned beef and toss it in.  Add sauerkraut, swiss, and thousand island dressing to the middle.  Fold, serve, eat, enjoy!

Ok, I cheated a bit and used american cheese and italian dressing, but good enough!  I also did it more as a scramble since the omelet fell apart on me  :S.  But this perhaps came out better...  the ingredients were more 'cooked' and mixed together...  Also, I used corned beef cold cut slices, which rocked, but if you have some pot-roasted corned beef chunks... well lets just say i'm drooling already...


Know how to make a cool, original omelet?  Tell us!!!  We'll put the best ones in a future post!

-J

1 comments:

Dc gal said...

The best Rueben omelet can be found at Bobo's in Tucson,Az.
I also have made at home and sometimes use pastrami in exchange for corn beef. I Heat up the meat, sauerkraut, cheese and dressing before I add it to the egg mixture. I also add some caraway seeds. Yummy.

Post a Comment